Ms. Nebraska Nationwide 2021
Platform Issue: Ballgowns for Smiles: Dementia Awareness
- Age: 49
- Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska
- College Major: Bachelor of Science (BSN) in Nursing from University of Iowa – Iowa City, Iowa. Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner certificate from University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa. National Board Certification from American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Scholastic Ambition: Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner.
- If I am crowned Ms. Nationwide: I will continue to raise awareness of the impact of dementia on patients and families. As Ms. Nationwide I would encourage women of all ages to take time to pursue their own dreams and to try every day to find joy.
- Bio: Sue McCann, a native of Winfield, Illinois, enjoys singing, dancing, crafting and reading in her spare time. She is the mom of a 15 year old son. At age 47, she ran her first 5k race and was passed by someone wearing a giant inflatable dinosaur costume! Sue is the Founder of Ballgowns for Smiles. Sue uses “Ballgowns for Smiles”- to bring joy to those living in senior living facilities. It also allows her to raise awareness around dementia and it’s impact on families.
- Email: info@MissNationwide.com
- Website: www.MsNationwide.com
- Facebook: Ms. Nebraska Nationwide 2021
- Instagram: ballgownsforsmiles