Mrs. Heartland Nationwide 2021
Platform Issue: RISE “Women of Hope”
- Age: 51
- Hometown: Exline, Iowa
- Husband: Shawn
- Children: Caleb, Logan, Tiger, Whitton, Tye
- College Major: Iowa School of Beauty
- Career: Ministry Director, Hope Chest Thrift Store
- If I am crowned Mrs. Nationwide: …I plan on earning the position of the greatest queen that has been chosen. Not in competition with any woman but myself to do even more good in life. I plan to go into the jails and into the prisons and to speak to women who think they do not have a future and have no hope. I am a living testimony that anyone, absolutely anyone, can do anything that they set their heart to. I plan on using that position to reach my hand out everywhere I can to lift women higher and higher. I have a sweet friend who is planning to open a women’s long-term shelter in Seymour Iowa, and I plan on using the title Mrs. Nationwide to further that cause to raise funds for the shelter and to use the title as a witness. I am a visionary and I plan on shining like a star in the universe as Mrs. Nationwide.
- Bio: Holly Oden, a native of Centerville, Iowa, enjoys woodworking, DIY building projects, public speaking, and creating inspirational videos for social media. She also enjoys leading the Mystic Youth Group, serving as a New Hope Biblical Counselor, and pastoring/leading at the Mystic Community Church. Holly was chosen as one of Iowa’s top 4 “Remarkable Women” in 2020 and had her story featured on WHO Channel 13. She has completed a Uganda, Africa Missions trip in 2015 and was the director for 5 years.
Holly personally built a thrift store ministry, The Hope Chest Thrift Store, with her own hands and carpentry skills, of which all the proceeds go to pay for all to receive free counseling. She has been the Thrift Store Ministries Director since 2016.In the community, she volunteers and leads many community events and fundraisers in support of individuals and their endeavors, including helping to provide “Coats for Kids” (free coat give-away) every October, as well as children’s free Christmas shopping every December. She has also helped to provide for local housefire victims, and many single working mothers.
Holly and her husband, Shawn, have 5 children. Having grown up with 10 brothers and sisters, she lives by the motto of “I have not failed, I have found 10,000 ways that do not work”.
- Email: info@MrsNationwide.com
- Website: www.MrsNationwide.com
- Facebook: Mrs. Heartland Nationwide 2021