Miss West Virginia Nationwide 2018
Ava Marie Collar
Platform Issue: Discussing Mental Health Doesn’t Have to be “Trichy”
- Age: 24
- Hometown: Parson, West Virginia
- College Major: Masters of Education in Exercise Physiology from Fairmont State University – Fairmont, West Virginia (Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science from Davis & Elkins College – Elkins, West Virginia)
- Scholastic Ambition: To achieve a career in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- If I am crowned Miss Nationwide: I will work to destigmatize mental health/mental illness by opening up the conversation around mental health, sharing my personal stories, and encouraging others to open up and share their experiences with mental health and illness.
- Bio: Ava Marie Collar enjoys painting, arts and crafts, weightlifting, yoga and music in her spare time. She also devotes her time and talents to numerous professional and charitable organizations. Ava has participated and worked the Cupcake Festival assisting in raising nearly $10,000 for Children’s Miracle Network Hsopitals; has gathered and donated almost 70 pounds of pet food to needed pets in Columbus; gathered and donated supplies to Harmony House in Huntington, West Virginia; gathered and donated school supplies to the schools of Charleston, West Virginia; and volunteered her time at the “Battle of the Bands” event held in Charleston that raised money for abuse victims.
- Email: info@MissWestVirginiaNationwide.com
- Website: www.MissWestVirginiaNationwide.com
- Facebook: Miss West Virginia Nationwide 2018
- Instagram: avamorie