BECOME A CONTESTANT
COMPETE FOR THE TITLE OF MISS NATIONWIDE® 2018
We are now seeking contestants to compete for the title of Miss Nationwide® 2018.
The entry deadline is January 1, 2018.
To be eligible, you must be between the ages of 18 and 30 by February 1, 2018; be single, never married and never been pregnant.
You must also reside, work, or attend school in the state you choose to represent.
Please visit our State Director listing.
If there is a director listed for your state, please contact them for details and information regarding competing in your respective State Pageant. Nationwide City titles (eg. Miss Chicago Nationwide) may be available from the State Director in your State, please contact them for additional details. If you compete in a State Pageant under the direction of a Nationwide State Director, your director will oversee your preparation for the National Pageant.
Open State – Appointed Titles
If there is no State Director listed, you may apply for your Open State – Appointed Title. Please be aware that Open State – Appointed Titles are NOT awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Submission of your Open State – Appointed Title application does not guarantee a Nationwide title. Your application will be reviewed by our National Director and a Selection Committee. Upon approval, you may choose to represent your state (eg. Miss California Nationwide) provided you meet the Nationwide Pageant system qualifications.
Open State titles are available with a State Fee of $250. This fee covers your official Nationwide State Crown and Rhinestone Sash – NO other style of crown or sash will be allowed to be worn during your year of service. Approval of Open State Appointed Titles will not be given until the State Fee is received by the National Office. Each contestant will then receive their official Miss Nationwide state titleholder crown and satin-embroidered rhinestone sash. Sashes will contain the selected title, the year, and the Miss Nationwide logo.
The National Pageant Sponsorship Fee is $350. Various payment option are available.
National Pageant Sponsorship Fees will be due on deadlines based upon your Open State title approval. You must have a official State Pageant or an Open State – Appointed Title to compete at the National Pageant.
Some to consider:
While these are the most popular, you can use any online tool you desire to create your portfolio. Just keep in mind it should be professional, and showcase your platform/community service.
You can look at our sample portfolio to gain insight as to ways to create your portfolio….we will update this sample portfolio soon to reflect a Personal Platform and Community Service portfolio.
The Contestant Portfolio does not need to be completed right away; it simply needs to be done by the entry deadline, to be announced at a later date, so that your portfolio to be viewed by our panel of judges.
In order to compete for the title of Miss Nationwide® 2018, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have been born a female;
- Be single, never married, never been pregnant and have never given birth;
- Meet residency requirements (reside, work in, or attend school in) for competing in a certain city or state;
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss Nationwide Pageant;
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements;
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local, state, and national competition(s) in which you compete.
- I certify that I am a naturally born female and meet the age requirements to compete for Miss Nationwide 2018 set forth by the Miss Nationwide Pageant.
- I certify that I am of good moral character and if selected as Miss Nationwide 2018, I will represent myself and the Miss Nationwide® title in a positive and appropriate manner throughout my reign.
- I authorize the Miss Nationwide Pageant/Nationwide Pageant Productions to utilize my photographs and likeness in current and future advertising for the pageant without compensation.
- If I am selected Miss Nationwide 2018, I will provide the Miss Nationwide Pageant/Nationwide Pageant Productions with two color photographs of myself wearing the Miss Nationwide® crown and sash. One must be a head shot and the other a full body shot. These photographs should look as professional as possible, but do not have to be professionally produced.
- Any cash scholarship, if offered, will not be awarded until the successful completion of Miss Nationwide’s year of service.
- If selected Miss Nationwide 2018, I will provide Miss Nationwide Pageant/Nationwide Pageant Productions with any updates and/or photographs from any appearances I make as Miss Nationwide 2018.
- I understand that the judge’s decision and results are final. I also understand that once the sponsorship fee is paid there will be no refunds under any circumstances.